Saturday 13 October 2012

Its Japanese Tool Study Group time again!!
 
Here are a few quick pics from the last couple of meets, many thanks to Michael Huntley who set this up and invited me to come along, check out his Website.
There is a wealth of experience and knowledge all brought together by a common interest in all things (mainly tools) of a Japanese persuasion.
 
If you see yourself and are not to flattered by my crap iphone imagery, or my lack of asking if you mind, please let me know, otherwise for everyone else this is the sort of thing that we do, meet, chat, learn, develop...
 
 
 
There is John (check out his Websiteadmiring my Tsunesaburo Crest Plane...

 
Alright John can I have it back now?
I think I got the baton change from Michael to Rob perfect here?

 
Andy in his element, perfection with his Japanese planes...
Rob having a go with my idea of filling your name stamp with soft black wax...

 
Now that is what you call a saw...


 
Michael demonstrating Japanese Saw sharpening.

 
We also looked at a variety of stones under a good quality magnification.
Very interesting findings, the differences in natural to synthetic etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment