Wednesday 5 December 2012

I am having a hard time getting to the workshop lately.
Too many things going on, life and job in the way.
It is a hobby after all.
I don't feel great either...
 
I have gone a bit crazy here and I am using my freshly sharpened
Engineers scraper like a Sen to remove material.
Thought I could thin down this blade like a proper saw.
Just having a go - I will let you know how I get on.
 
I quite fancy making a Japanese Sen actually...
(the traditional scraper used in Saw and Sword making for example)
 
 
This is one made by Tasai:
 
 
Perhaps I should commission you Garrick?
Hey you reading this?
How much for a super hard blade to take shavings from tool steel?
Don't worry about the handles...!
 
There are loads of forums figuring this out going back to 2006.
Laminated or not - use of old files etc.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment